Wednesday 15 November 2017

Johann Bessler’s Drawings Hold the Key

It has always seemed to me that the drawings in Das Triumphirende were really rather uninteresting and repetitive.  But I took note of his comments about studying Apologia Poetica, and also at the front of his Maschinen Tractate his suggestion that studying more than one drawing might lead someone to the correct design and thus the solution.  This appeared to refer to the drawings in MT, and perhaps they did, but I wondered if they might also hint at other drawings elsewhere.

If Bessler was serious about leaving the information on how to build his perpetual motion machine to posterity, I never believed mere words would suffice, there had to be that information in one or more drawings.  The hints Bessler left in AP were made many years before the MT had been started so the advice, although added later due to the arrest, is more likely to have referred to those earlier drawings.  I noted several apparent errors in the two drawings of the Merseberg wheel and subsequently found the pentagram which is unarguably present - and the clock which is also self-evidently a deliberate addition.

I explained the clock previously, how it points to the number 55 - 12 x 55 = 660, that being the total of all the numbers labelling the parts, (even after taking into consideration that the number 24 was changed to 42) in both Merseberg drawings. So to cut a long story short I discovered over a very long time what I believe to be Bessler’s  design.

I know that people are impatient to know what I think I’ve discovered or if it is worth anything and I understand that.  I will post everything, but if I just post the design I won’t have shown how and why I arrived at it, and it will look like mere speculation whereas if I can ‘prove’ that each point is derived from a clue within the drawing it might give people more confidence that I’m right.

So the four drawings in Das Triumphirende contain just about all the information you need to build Bessler’s wheel.  The Toys page helps to confirm some details and there are numerous clues all over the place pointing to - dare I say it?  - the numbers 5 and 55.  So today a brief suggestion about that number!

Below is a simple drawing illustrating why five mechanisms are needed.  That is all the room there is.  I’m not saying that it has to be five but I’m sure it is the minimum number.  Alternatives are 7 and 9.  The reason for using odd numbers will become clear in subsequent posts, it is simply a result of the design used and it might be possible using an alternative method to have even numbers of mechanisms.

There is much more to add to the above drawing (using up to about 50 posts!) and it is simply to show why there are five mechanisms in this particular version.

JC

14 comments:

  1. Hello John. Why your drawing must involve five mechanisms doesn't look obvious for me.
    About the reason why an odd number of mechanisms is needed, my opinion is that each mechanism could consist of two "unidentical twins", each located on either side of the wheel —like the two people in the toys page.
    With an even number of mechanisms, two mechanisms would overlap: for example, with six mechanisms, mechanisms #1 & #4 would overlap, and so on: #2 & #5 and #3 & #6. (At least, it's just an assumption.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michel, a right angled fall of a weight from close to the centre of rotation towards the rim, takes up a segment equal to one fifth of a full circle. In other words you can only get five of them in to a circle. The more you can get in the more powerful the rotation. There is another reason for the odd number which I will be explaining in due course.

      JC

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the clarification, John.

      Delete
  2. The wheel works with only "one cross-bar" (a bar across). That's what Bessler says. No need of five. One is more than enough to make it fully running. A small weight lifts a 4 times bigger than itself, but there's a special way to do that (it's not obvious). This is what makes a great craftsman. 2 weights are enough to make a fully working machine. This is what Bessler says.

    There's a lecture on perpetual motion that helps understanding Bessler's words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The odd number makes complete sense to me John. The drawing is very interesting, Thanks for your latest posting. It is very enlightening.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only place that a weight can disappear from the wheel and its weights inventory is if its at the center of the axle, so your drawing with the weights periodically near the axle helps. To have a weight at the perimeter and then to disappear from the weight inventory on the wheel is the magic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. John, in provided drawing is 5 yellow dots. 3 of them are in center and 2 are in outer perimeter. Do those dots represent same "thing"? I just want to clarify it here to my self and others, that there is no any mistakes or misleads in that drawing.

    PLMKRN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The L shaped lever shown is not actually L shaped, it is just a normal straight lever with a weight at the end. The picture shows the two positions of the lever. The weight is shown to identify the position of the lever at each point of the rotation.

      JC

      Delete
    2. John, in your drawing, shouldn't levers 4 and 5 be vertical?

      Delete
    3. Yes you’re right Michel. My original idea was to simply draw in the arcs to show the limit of movement and why they can fit five in. Then I added the weights to give a rough indication of were each lever would be.

      JC

      Delete
    4. Ok! Now I understood, thanks for explanation John.
      I wanted to say here more about John last three posts, ... but as this is John reavling path here, I let him finnish his founding and explanations revealing firstly.
      Only thing that I say here from John three last posts is, seems that we have different solutions. But still, I can´t wait to see your next posts, where it all directs.

      PLMKRN

      Delete
  6. I was repeating every blog on my forum at Besslerwheel forum but I realised it was going generate too many questions and I had estimated I might need to post about 50 separate posts and what with drawings as well as text it was going to be too big a task.

    So I’m concentrating on getting on with my build and will try and find a way to share what I know in the easiest way possible. One possibility might be to post info on here and just link the blog on the forum, as and when something new is here. But I don’t know if that will work.

    JC

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rather,it is not the drawings but his comments that hold the key!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You might like to think that Trevor, I couldn’t possibly comment.

      JC

      Delete

The Real Johann Bessler Codes part one

I’ve decided to include in my blogs some of the evidence I have found and deciphered which contain  the real information Bessler intended us...